Last February 19, 2012, I had to take a government exam for the entire morning at the Universidad de Manila along Arroceros Street in Manila. Since I was already there and I had nothing to do in the afternoon, I took advantage of my then current location by walking around the immediate area to do an ocular inspection of 3 notable places that have been casualties of the slow but steady extirpation of Manila’s cultural and environmental heritage. Continue reading
I was told the previous night by the Sinh Tourist employee that the bus that would take me back to Saigon will pick me up at 9:15am. Since I woke up at around 6:00 am, I still had plenty of time to pack my stuff, have breakfast and take a shower. Continue reading
Here’s a summary of the path I took in touring Intramuros in the morning of December 21:
- Got off the cab at the Fort Santiago Entrance.
- Carlos Celdran’s tour started at Plaza Moriones near the Intramuros Visitors’ Center.
- Walked for a short distance towards the War Memorial still in Plaza Moriones for a short lecture.
- Walked towards the Fort Santiago gate for another lecture.
- Walked back to Plaza Moriones, up to the Fort Santiago exit.