For my 2012 Holy Week trip, I once again joined my HLGG friends on a mountaineering/outreach activity, this time in Occidental Mindoro. The first phase of the trip was a gift-giving activity of school supplies and flip-flops for Mangyan schoolchildren. The Mangyan settlement area is located in Sitio Tamisan, and this in turn is located within the much larger Mts. Iglit-Baco National Park.
To get to Sitio Tamisan, we had to endure a 45-minute trek on rolling terrain under the blazing sun.
And crossed this steel hanging bridge before finally reaching the settlement area on the other side:
I’ll be blogging about this after I’m done with the Iloilo-Guimaras series. Stay tuned!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
This entry is part of the Holy Week 2012 series dated April 5-8, 2012:
1. Preview: The Trail to Mt. Iglit
2. Holy Week 2012: Prologue
3. Holy Week 2012: Sitio Tamisan Outreach
4. Holy Week 2012: Penitencia sa Mt. Iglit (unang yugto)
5. Holy Week 2012: Penitencia sa Mt. Iglit (ikalawang yugto)
6. Holy Week 2012: Penitencia sa Mt. Iglit (huling yugto)
7. Holy Week 2012: Apo Reef (Day 1)
8. Holy Week 2012: Apo Reef (Day 2) and Pandan Island