The Tangke Saltwater Lagoon is the main attraction of Las Islas de Gigantes in northern Iloilo. Situated in Gigantes Sur island, Tangke might seem like a closed pool but actually has a hidden underwater tunnel exiting to the sea that allows the water level to rise and fall with the tides. The best time to visit and take a dip is approaching noontime, when it’s at its deepest.
If you listen closely to the video, you will even hear the distinct chirping of many birds that live among the trees and rocks surrounding the lagoon.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
This entry is part of the Iloilo & Guimaras series dated March 23-27, 2012:
1. Looking for Travel Buddies
2. Preview: Tangke Saltwater Lagoon
3. Las Islas de Gigantes (prologue)
4. Las Islas de Gigantes (morning)
5. Las Islas de Gigantes (afternoon)
6. Why are they called the “Gigantes Islands” anyway?
7. Gigantes Islands Sample Itinerary & Budget Estimate
8. Gigantes Islands Travel Guide
9. Las Islas de Gigantes (epilogue)
10. Back to the mainland, back to the city
11. Day Trip to Guimaras (morning)
12. Day Trip to Guimaras (afternoon)