I’m planning an exploratory trip to Carles in Northern Iloilo to visit the Higantes Islands and other nearby islands. I will most probably do this on March 23-26, 2012. (The date can change a bit as long as it includes the March 24-25 weekend.) I can travel alone but I was hoping I could cut costs by inviting others to join me.
Just so you know what to see there, here’s what fellow bloggers have written about Carles:
To set expectations, this will mostly be a backpacking trip. The tourism industry in Carles is underdeveloped and there are certainly no first class accommodations. Your sense of adventure should be a bit on the rough side.
I’d need a maximum of 7 adult companions of any gender, preferably in the age range of 20 to 45. Sorry, I can’t take minors, senior citizens and those with seriously debilitating medical conditions. (Allergies are okay though, as long as one brings his/her own medicines.)
If anybody is interested in joining me, just leave your contact information in the comments section so we can work out the details. (If you want your contact information to remain private, just indicate it in your message and I’ll simply not publish it.)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
This entry is part of the Iloilo & Guimaras series dated March 23-27, 2012:
1. Looking for Travel Buddies
2. Preview: Tangke Saltwater Lagoon
3. Las Islas de Gigantes (prologue)
4. Las Islas de Gigantes (morning)
5. Las Islas de Gigantes (afternoon)
6. Why are they called the “Gigantes Islands” anyway?
7. Gigantes Islands Sample Itinerary & Budget Estimate
8. Gigantes Islands Travel Guide
9. Las Islas de Gigantes (epilogue)
10. Back to the mainland, back to the city
11. Day Trip to Guimaras (morning)
12. Day Trip to Guimaras (afternoon)